An oldie, but a goodie! This loaf is delicious on it's own or toasted and smeared with your favourite spread. When using dried fruit it's important to be mindful and only use brands that don't use any additives, especially added sugar! We like to visit our local bulk food health store like The Source Bulk Foods here in Brisbane for great quality, locally sourced products.
Things you Need
Makes 1 Loaf
- 1 packet Primal Bread Mix
- 5 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs mixed spice
- 2 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (we used a mixture of figs, dates, apricot, currants and citrus peel)
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans nuts, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 170C or 165C fan forced. Grease and line your loaf tin.
In a mixing bowl mix together eggs, banana, honey or maple syrup and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
Add until remaining ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix until all combined.
Pour batter into lined loaf tin and bake for 30 - 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
Leave in loaf tin to cool for 1 hour before tranferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Store in fridge or slice and freeze for up to 2 months.