We love a smoothie bowl as much as the next hero but did you know that store bought smoothie bowls generally contain 40-80 grams of sugar PER BOWL! That's 10-20 teaspoons of sugar just at brekkie time! Pass! We love to load up our smoothie bowls with some sneaky veggies and some protein to give you bang for your buck nutritionally and ease back on that sugar. We love to add Collagen Powder to our smoothies, coffee, tea, bliss balls, anything really! It's flavourless and dissolves in hot or cold liquids and collagen forms the basis of our hair, skin, nails, joints and gut lining and is almost 100% pure protein.
- handful baby spinach
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower (we lightly steam ours first before freezing)
- 1/2 chopped frozen zucchini
- 1-2 tbs collagen powder (or protein powder of your choice)
- OPTIONAL 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (we love the Pure N Free brand)
- Toppers- Paleo Hero muesli, berries, coconut, bee pollen
In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the banana, zucchini, spinach, cauliflower, yoghurt & collagen until smooth. Pour into a bowl (or hollowed out papaya) and top with all your favourite toppings then dig in!
Turn it into a smoothie by adding 2 cups of coconut water or regular water and 1/2 cup Paleo Hero Muesli & blending until smooth for a brekkie on the run.