Cool mornings and warm porridge were a match made in heaven and if you thought that 'paleo' meant saying goodbye to your beloved porridge, you were mistaken! Our grain free, gluten free porridge has all the good stuff and none of the nasties and is just as delicious eaten hot or cold.
This batch makes 5 serves (a full bag of Paleo Hero Porridge Mix) but you can scale it back if you just want to make 1-2 serves. We love making the entire bag so we have it on hand for the whole week and can quickly reheat it.
- 180g rhubarb (about 3 stalks)
350g chopped pear (about 2 pears)
2 fresh figs, chopped in quarters
1/4 cup water
3 tbs coconut oil/butter or ghee
1/2 -1 tbs honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 pack of PH Porridge Mix (plus banana and milk as per the packet instructions)
- Pop the pear, rhubarb and water into a large frying pan over a low heat and allow to cook until all the water is gone stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut oil (or butter) and honey and stir through until melted and coated.
- Remove the pear and rhubarb from the pan and add the chopped figs, grilling quickly on each side (you can add a little more coconut oil if you need to) then remove pan from heat.
- Prepare porridge as per packet directions, top with pear, rhubarb and figs and tuck in.